What do you enjoy reading the most here on my blog?

Search My Blog

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Fact of the Day - February 7, 2010


100207, originally uploaded by AaronBSam.

Well technically they're not "banned", but a bill signed by President George W. Bush back in 2008 set energy-efficiency standards to take effect in 2012 and 2014 that our current standard light bulbs just can't stand up to.

So in 2012, our 100W-bulb as we know it will no longer be energy-efficient enough to be allowed for manufacture.

I was reminded of that boring piece of news from this website dated 2008 - just a few weeks after I purchased a bunch of 100-watt bulbs to brighten the hell out of our living room.

I may want to stash one of those 4-packs for profit on the black market when 2012 hits...

No comments: