What do you enjoy reading the most here on my blog?

Search My Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

Random Thought: Olympics

Just a random thought.

If the original Olympic Games celebrated by the ancient Greeks were initially competitions of just young men who all happened to be nude . . .

. . . then aren't the Olympic Games just the pinnacle of dick-waving competitions?

Isn't the entire thing just an "Our country has a bigger dick than your country" competition?

I mean some of the competitions would be about the fastest dicks, or the most agile... It's a very muddled analogy once you remember that women participate now.

I mean, the Olympic Motto is "Citius, Altius, Fortius," a Latin phrase meaning "Swifter, Higher, Stronger." If that's not the motto of a penis competition - I don't know what is.

And the whole thing gets hilarious when you throw the penis competition analogy into the Olympic Creed:

"The most important thing . . . is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well."

My mind is in the gutter today - it's my defense against the insane piles of work I'm responsible for today...

Pole vaulting: It's not always about bringing home the gold - sometimes it's just about sticking your pole in there and enjoying the thrill of just being there and seeing how far you can go. And the home-court advantage can make all the difference.

No comments: