What do you enjoy reading the most here on my blog?

Search My Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Meet Squamous, the Baby Tumor

If you know me, you also know that I'm moderately crazy when it comes to random discussions and creative trains of thoughts. Now tie in a cripplingly-boring as well as cripplingly-stressful job and you'll find that birds of crazy feathers tend to flock together.

That's why a few co-workers and I have set up a group Skype chat that we use to have random conversations (with a few standard ones thrown in when work gets super-busy and we communicate along any chatline possible to get results).

And then, this happened:

(Names have been changed to protect those who don't want to admit having such ridiculous conversations)

[2/23/2011 9:01:43 AM] [Me]: My nose is fucked up because I
swear I smell Kasha. It's a dish made of bulgar wheat.
[2/23/2011 9:03:24 AM] [GP]: hmm
[2/23/2011 9:03:30 AM] [GP]: maybe you're having a tumor
[2/23/2011 9:04:07 AM] [GP]: i meant to say "have a tumor" or
"having a stroke" but apparently changed my mind in the middle
[2/23/2011 9:04:20 AM] [GP]: having a tumor sounds like it's
just suddenly exploding in your head
[2/23/2011 9:05:00 AM] [Me]: Or giving birth to a lump of
cancerous cells.
[2/23/2011 9:05:31 AM] [Me]: My tumor baby! I shall name him Squamous.


Squamous
And thus, this little guy was born.


So the rest of the past few days have been all about random conversations and then Squamous throwing in his two cents regarding the situation.

Squamous's First Tooth
Sometimes there was nothing in the conversation to warrant a drawing...

Squamous Vader
I believe someone was making a Star Wars reference thanks to someone's Darth Vader ringtone going off when this was created.

Squamous is Displeased
This little guy is going to be my wallpaper, eventually.

Sleepy Squamous
Sometimes we could all use with a little nap.

[10:46:50 AM] [GP]: anyone need help with anything?
[10:46:59 AM] [GP]: [YL] is pretty free today
[10:47:37 AM] [SF]: I might have something for her. just a sec
Squamous Needs Help
[10:58:55 AM] [GP]: I'm thinking it will be difficult. He is a
tumor after all.


[2:29:28 PM] [JL]: hahaha
[2:29:42 PM] [JL]: Face it [SF]. You're a day late and a dollar short.
[2:30:14 PM] [SF]: I have about 20 things I want to say,
but all would just be to much for this
[2:30:21 PM] [SF]: mostly not in good fun
[2:30:23 PM] [SF]: lol
[2:31:02 PM] [JL]: haha
[2:31:05 PM] [JL]: Dont hate
[2:31:13 PM] [Me]: If you have to hate, draw it in MS Paint

Squamous is made of hate
At least he's self-aware. That's a good thing, right?

Squamous Dancing
Do you ever really NEED a reason to have a tumor dance party?


Okay, just one more... And possibly my favorite Squamous picture so far...

[4:46:04 PM] [Me]: I made it happen, cap'n.
[4:46:10 PM] [Me]: While I was rappin'
[4:46:26 PM] [Me]: about bear-trappin'
[4:46:32 PM] [GP]: you should stop now
[4:46:37 PM] [SF]: Cause [GP] was to busy flappin
[4:46:42 PM] [Me]: and yappin'
[4:46:43 PM] [GP]: oooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!!
[4:51:58 PM] [Me]: ...sorry, I was just nappin'
[4:52:23 PM] [SF]: I've just been over here tappin
[4:57:54 PM] [SF]: [GP] just over there mappin how he
can go wappin over the flappin
[4:58:26 PM] [GP]: I'm not sure what that means, but you better
take it back
[5:00:20 PM] [Me]: I challenge "wappin".
[5:00:42 PM] [Me]: NOT A WORD!
[5:01:01 PM] [SF]: I will wap you upside the head... then
you tell me

Squamous - Gone Wappin'
Guess which 'censored' bar is my favorite??


So that's an introduction to Squamous. He's my tumor baby and perhaps this coming week we'll have all forgotten about him. Or maybe he'll be our new group mascot and share his insights on other random topics of conversation.

We'll just have to wait and see...

What do you think of Squamous and his misadventures thus far? Leave a comment and let me know!


No comments: